Thursday, March 29, 2012

General Network Error. Check your network documentation

Hi,

I am using .Net 1.1 for my web application.

And my database server is SQL Server 2005.

My application is running fine, as i can login to it and also able to view pages. But when i open Order management(having 3K records) its give me error,

General Network Error. Check your network documentation

I have also searched many articles and tried following solutions but nothing working

- connectiontimeout = 0, max pool size = 7500/100, pooling = false

- SSL disabling enforce security false as mentioned in microsoft kb article.

And there's nothing any issue with hardware/firewall as my application's login and other forms are working fine(which use same database with same connection string)

Can any one please help me to solve this error?

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong but are you trying to load 3000 records onto a page. If so there is a limit to the number of data records that a page can hold and this may be your problem. Have you tried paging the results so that you only get about 100 or 500 records per page.

Regards

Scottyb

|||

Hi,

Finally i got solution.

that rather then adding connectiontimeout = 0 in connection string.

We have to assign it in command property.

cmd.ConnectionTimeout = 0

because if we didn't assign in command microsoft internally set it's default value.

If you see SqlCommand class code by disassemble, in it's constructor it set this property to 30.
so if you not assign value 0 its default value is 30. it can not take value from connection string.

And it's working fine.

Finally i got so now i can take breath, otherwise my client calling me every 15-20 mins for solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment