Friday, February 24, 2012

full-text search service doesn't start on Win2K3 server

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the full-text search to properly install on a
Win2k3 server. The folder is there but it is empty. I'm not sure if this is
related but when I go to install SQL2000 on a Win2K3 box it tells me that
SQL2000 sp 2 and below are not supported. I went ahead with the install
thinking that I could just upgrade it to sp3a right after. Is this what
screws up the full text install? Do I need to get a disk with SQL2000 and
sp3 combined to get this to work? Any ideas will be appreciated.
TIA!!
jj
Pls check your sqlstp.log and sqlsp.log for any FTS related error messages
that happened during setup or upgrade.
Thanks
Vikram Jayaram
Microsoft, SQL Server
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Subscribe to MSDN & use http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups.

No comments:

Post a Comment