Sunday, February 26, 2012

Full-text setup error

Hi,
I'm trying to install full-text search service on SQL server using command
ftsetup.exe, but I always get error "FulltextSetup returned error code:
0x80000023".
I've upgraded MSDE with SQL Server 2000 standard . Upgrade process did not
install full-text search service, so I had to do it manually as it is
suggested in KB article 827449
(http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;827449). I've
successfuly installed Microsoft Search service (service is running), but
when I try to configure the instance of SQL Server to use the Microsoft
Search service with ftsetup command ("ftsetup.exe SQLServer 0 1 0 0 0"), it
fails. I have SQL server 2000 standard with SP3a, and MSSQLSERVER service is
running as local system account.
Can you please give me some advice how to make full-text working?
Thanx (and Happy New Year to all),
Bogdan
Bogdan,
The procedures KB article 827449 are used when it is necessary to "manually
RE-install" the FT Search components on a server where these components were
install installed, but later determined that some problem occurred during
that installation. In your case, the initial FT Search components have not
been installed due to your upgrade path from MSDE to SQL Server 2000
Standard Edition. I'd recommend that you install the Full-text Search
components via your SQL Server 2000 Setup CD and select "custom
installation" and under "server components" you will see "Full-text Search"
and you should checkmark this and then the SQL Server 2000 Setup process
will install these components for you.
Thanks,
John
SQL Full Text Search Blog
http://spaces.msn.com/members/jtkane/
"Bogdan" <bogdan.skof@.doba.si> wrote in message
news:eTaTnon7EHA.1264@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install full-text search service on SQL server using command
> ftsetup.exe, but I always get error "FulltextSetup returned error code:
> 0x80000023".
> I've upgraded MSDE with SQL Server 2000 standard . Upgrade process did not
> install full-text search service, so I had to do it manually as it is
> suggested in KB article 827449
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;827449). I've
> successfuly installed Microsoft Search service (service is running), but
> when I try to configure the instance of SQL Server to use the Microsoft
> Search service with ftsetup command ("ftsetup.exe SQLServer 0 1 0 0 0"),
it
> fails. I have SQL server 2000 standard with SP3a, and MSSQLSERVER service
is
> running as local system account.
> Can you please give me some advice how to make full-text working?
> Thanx (and Happy New Year to all),
> Bogdan
>

No comments:

Post a Comment