Sunday, February 26, 2012

Full-text working sporadically

I have full-text running on one database only. This index seems to have
issues about once every couple of weeks. Normally, a search can be done (via
webpage) on a keyword - and it works fine. But there are times that no
keyword (or other options) searches will work. The only option that is
searchable is "records updated in the last x number of days". So it's like
the full-text searching 1/2 works.
I have ran the stored procedure to ensure FTS was installed properly.
The MSSearch server is running under the local system account (as it should
be per MS).
I have deleted and rebuilt it complete. I have tried to rebuild the index
via the wizard and by right-clicking on the Full-Text Catalog -- neither
fixed the issue.
I've ran the stored procedure to ensure it was enabled.
Anyone have any idea why my FTS will work completely one day and work "a
little" the next?
Thanks!
Key
Can you check the gatherer logs to see if they reveal anything?
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy
RelevantNOISE.Com - Dedicated to mining blogs for business intelligence.
This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"KEY" <key.hammonds@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:F6E6798B-FA95-4C20-BBE7-104CE05B4B80@.microsoft.com...
>I have full-text running on one database only. This index seems to have
> issues about once every couple of weeks. Normally, a search can be done
> (via
> webpage) on a keyword - and it works fine. But there are times that no
> keyword (or other options) searches will work. The only option that is
> searchable is "records updated in the last x number of days". So it's
> like
> the full-text searching 1/2 works.
> I have ran the stored procedure to ensure FTS was installed properly.
> The MSSearch server is running under the local system account (as it
> should
> be per MS).
> I have deleted and rebuilt it complete. I have tried to rebuild the index
> via the wizard and by right-clicking on the Full-Text Catalog -- neither
> fixed the issue.
> I've ran the stored procedure to ensure it was enabled.
> Anyone have any idea why my FTS will work completely one day and work "a
> little" the next?
> Thanks!
> Key

No comments:

Post a Comment